We’re a small/medium sized ecommerce retailer undergoing a major rebranding project including a change of our name and the top level domain of our site’s URL. In support of this rebranding, we’re seeking a talented and experienced technical SEO expert to help us ensure our domain name change has as little impact as possible on our organic search performance.
We are not replatforming the ecommerce site or changing servers, so a URL from our old domain will map directly to the same URL on our new domain. We also have a WordPress blog site on a subdomain that will transition at or near the same time.
The scope of services we’re seeking include:
• Validate our redirect strategy
• Recommend and execute the steps to correctly perform a domain name change in Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster tools
• Consult and provide expertise on other actions to ensure a smooth transition
• Perform monitoring to proactively detect post-cutover issues
• Establish pre- and post-cutover KPI’s to measure the impact on organic search performance and provide summary reports to our project team
We’d like to hear about your experience with domain name changes, and we’d like to hear about the size and scope of successful SEO efforts you’ve lead.
To be successful in this project you need:
• Ability to collaborate effectively with our team
• Dedication to meet project deadlines
• Willingness to sign an NDA
Posted On: June 11, 2019 14:45 UTC
Category: Sales & Marketing > SEO – Search Engine Optimization
Location Requirement: Only freelancers located in the United States may apply.
Country: United States
Not Affiliated With Any University